Workshop topic: Expanding and maintaining the materials provided for the IT Security Playlist.
In the practical workshop, the already existing materials will be updated and supplemented. In the process, trainers, teachers and persons with personnel responsibility will not only acquire up-to-date knowledge on the topic of “IT security” but also know-how on the current possibilities for designing online continuing education and optimising presentation skills.
Affected fields of work or subjects.
- Computer science and macro-programming
- German as a foreign language
- Machine speech recognition
- Machine translation and AI (Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing)
- Media design
- Media Education
- Community Studies / PoWi
Aims and benefits of the workshop
Preventing damage and assessing threats: Lack of knowledge around the topic of data protection and data security cause billions of euros worth of damage in the German economy every year https://www.bitkom.org/Presse/Presseinformation/Angriffsziel-deutsche-Wirtschaft-mehr-als-220-Milliarden-Euro-Schaden-pro-Jahr.
Every skilled worker and manager must permanently acquire new competences or expand existing ones in an interdisciplinary manner. Likewise, immigrants with insufficient language skills need to be qualified because too few natives apply for the vacancies. With the help of digital tools, induction and instruction can be done via video.
Language Training on the Job.
People with German as a foreign language can also read the presentation in their mother tongue. If necessary, the playback speed can also be reduced. For this purpose, automatically generated lists of vocabulary can be generated, containing all words that go beyond the intermediate level of German as a foreign language.
Participants recognise from the explanatory videos the options for creating materials for their own area of responsibility. They recognise the possibilities of machine translation and can deliver explainer videos and presentations with subtitles in 125 languages in a very short time.
Contents of the training
- How can explainer videos and presentations be created for YouTube?
- How can machine-generated transcripts be edited and made available?
- How can specialist vocabularies be derived from the transcripts?
- How can DeepL & Co be used to check the quality of translations without knowing the foreign language in question?
- How can YouTube explanatory videos be linked to H5P to check text comprehension in a self-test?
- How can Moodle or Microsoft 365, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint be optimally used for learning groups?
- How can routine tasks be reduced with the help of macros?
- How can specialised vocabularies be compiled by matching them with existing vocabularies?
Registration and further information
Association members of the Zentrale für Unterrichtsmedien im Internet e.V. (ZUM) receive free access to the platform https://rennert.moodlecloud.com on request until the end of 2023.
All other interested parties can obtain information on individual or group seminars and workshops by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com or via LinkedIn Messenger with a message to KonradRennert
List of existing materials: